You wouldn’t skip oil changes for your car or avoid your annual doctor’s visit, so why would you miss out on HVAC maintenance? Keeping your heating and air conditioning running at its best is an important part of staying comfortable in your home.
Why Is HVAC Maintenance Important?
HVAC maintenance has the power to extend the life of your heating and air conditioning system. The average HVAC system can last 15-25 years, depending on factors like climate, use, and maintenance. If two systems in the same region are used with the same intensity, one could last a few years longer if it is properly maintained.
During a heating and AC maintenance appointment, we clean your system so it runs at its best. We also look for any potential issues that could turn into breaks that require repair. If we can catch these problems early on, then we can keep your unit running. When you keep up with heating and air conditioning maintenance, your system will last longer, and your system will need fewer repairs.
What Goes On During a Maintenance Appointment?
When you call Houston Air for maintenance services, our technicians will arrive with a checklist of items and review each part of your HVAC system. A few things they look at include:
- Evaporator coils and condensers
- Hoses and drains that might be clogged
- The refrigerant charge
- Electrical work related to the HVAC system
- Any damage or debris around your outdoor unit
- Your thermostat
By carefully reviewing these items (and many more), we can identify issues before they become serious.
The Benefits of HVAC Maintenance
It is always a good time to schedule HVAC maintenance if you haven’t had anyone service your system in more than a year. Here are the benefits of signing up for an HVAC maintenance plan:
- Peace of Mind: Automatic, periodic inspection, lubrication, adjusting, safety testing and cleaning your heating and cooling system keeps it running at peak, trouble-free efficiency. Most potential problems are spotted before they cause trouble.
- Competent Experts at Your Service: Competent, trained and dependable experts look after and worry about your equipment and its performance. We worry, so you don’t! We work with you to schedule your service calls when it’s convenient for you.
- Preferential Treatment: A service agreement increases system reliability. If you need emergency service, the service agreement entitles you to preferential treatment.
- Price Protection: Your agreement price can’t be raised during the effective dates.
- Lower Utility Cost: The results of a study conducted by Louisiana State University shows how a service maintenance program can save you a significant amount on your monthly electric bill.
- Service You Can Trust: Our skilled experts know their business and your equipment. Rely on them and our reputation to give you fast, dependable and fair service.
- Parts and Labor Discount: All parts and labor will automatically receive a 15 percent discount.
We recommend scheduling HVAC maintenance in the spring and fall. During this time, temperatures are milder, and you can prepare your system for the heating and cooling seasons.
Schedule Your Maintenance Services Today
If you can’t remember the last time you had your HVAC system serviced, then it is likely long overdue for our help. Call Houston Air today and make an appointment.